Friday, November 30, 2012

Nano Wrimo Ends

Today is the final day of Nano, and I spent several hours trying to finish the 50,000 word goal. I won! Hooray for me. And though my story isn't quite finished yet, I'll hopefully finish over the next couple months. But, I have decided how it will end -- with this last statement, which practically sums up the entire story:

And they would live happily-ever-after. Of course, the chance of that happening was actually infinitesimally small, but that was okay with Conner. After all, he lived for chances like that.

The whole story is wrapped around the concept that with the right machine, we could predict life, and in a sense create the future that we want. However, as my characters realize, life in unpredictable, and the things that should happen don't, and the things that shouldn't happen do. We must simply make the best of what we're given and live life for what it is important and true. Besides, how fun would life be, if everyone knew what was going to happen next?

No comments:

Post a Comment